As you might remember, Bankaroo started as a family project in 2011. When Danielle first designed Bankaroo, she was 11 years old, and the service was aimed for 5 – 12 year old kids.
Since then, it has grown into an international company with thousands of members around the globe, and as the service has spread, we’ve received a lot of feedback from both parents and children about how to improve.
We listened to what you had to say and are excited to announce the release of a new version of Bankaroo!
What’s in the new version?
- Sleek new look – The new design offers improved visuals and clean interface.
We added a lot of new features to support the needs of our growing audience and members, including older children.
- Improved functionality – To make teaching and tracking money easier, we simplified activities, such as editing. We also added optional capabilities that will allow kids to add funds to their accounts and have a negative balance.
- Application menu – Through the new application menu, you get better, more efficient access to settings and content.
- Localization – With the help of many of our members (too many to mention here without missing someone, but you know who you are, and so do we…thank you!) we translated Bankaroo to many languages, making it easy for you to communicate with your kids in your own native language. We just released the support for Hebrew and French, and we currently have the following languages in development: Bulgarian, Dutch, German, Italian, Chinese (Mandarin), Norwegian, Russian and Spanish.
How to get it?
Visit www.bankaroo.altair-digital-solutions.com/wp/ and download the updated mobile applications, or login to the web application. It is that simple.
As always, we plan to listen to your feedback to make the service better. We sincerely want to focus on spreading the word and sharing kids’ money education with more families.
Here is how you can help:
- Share your Bankaroo story with your friends and network.
- Write app reviews and like us on Facebook.
- Provide links to our website in your comments when you read money-related articles from other online publications.
- Contact us about helping with the ongoing localization project. Our goal is to translate into as many languages as possible, so if you can translate the service to your native language, we would be happy to work with you!
Our success is due largely to you, our readers. Thank you so much for your insights and willingness to spread the word about the site! With your assistance, we’ve helped thousands of families to educate their kids about making smart financial decisions. Without you, this new release would not have been possible.
Thank you again for your help, support and love!